Sometimes life is like standing on a stepping stone in the middle of a roaring river.

The good thing about stepping stones is there's never just one.
If you keep moving from one to the next, eventually you'll reach the other side.

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Write-off

I'm just going to write off the last 6 months. There are very few ways they could have been worse. Two family members died, I faced possible redundancy, I had (am having?) a major Faith issue, and just yesterday my boyfriend decided it's 'best for me' if we break up. I'm calling BS on that last one. In what way is breaking my heart, making the last 18 months of my life a waste of time, and taking away the one solid-seeming thing left in my life 'best for me'?

So yes. Write-off.

On the plus side, I had a new flash of inspiration. I have no idea at the moment how big or small this plot might be as it is so new I still need to work out all the details. It is at least a short story, but definitely has the potential to be a novella/novel. Just need to get the bones written down and in order so I can really work it out and then really work on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment